NORTHWEST FLY FISHING ADVENTURES

NORTHWEST FLY FISHING ADVENTURES
Journal notes from quality destinations across the country...

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

February Musings

It's February now and I did the Sportsman's Show last month. I'm still seeing images in my mind from that day. I somehow found myself attending two different sessions on Tiger Muskie and can't stop thinking about them. I've been calling Fly Shops in the know and have even bought some flies already. There are only seven lakes in this state that have these fish and two of them are not far from where I live. So, now the itch to get out there is upon me. This is truly masochistic since, for guys using conventional gear, this is known as the fish of 10,000 casts. Us poor fly guys will have to have the planets align for success but I think I might be willing to put in my time. A thirty to forty pound toothy monster would be worth the effort...

But for now I may have to quench my thirst with a simple run to Rocky Ford. That might settle me down until early spring can arrive. We'll see.

Since I posted photo's last time of Tommy when he was little, I thought it would be fun to throw on something from Terry. So watch the video and see one of his favorite fishing memories from 2005 on the Rogue River in southern Oregon. Alex Gibson, my cousin, was our guide and he put us into some beautiful fish that weekend. Good memories...


No comments:

Post a Comment